Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm gonna be a hillbilly!

Today we had a meeting to find out where we are going to live for the next 12 months.

AND I'm going to a small city (50,000 Pop.) called Taebaek.

I'm really excited as we now know where we'll be headed to because we move in on Friday! This week.
I have been told that we should have a larger than normal apartment - on account of there being two of us. So the news is really positive.

I met my Supervisor (who's name I'm not sure how to spell) and she was really nice and helpful. Also I met Alex - who is a liason guy. He was telling us as much as he could about our city, what to expect (as in some people will not have air conditioning - I hope that's not us!!) and that while we'll be in a rural area; we should not expect cows wandering down the street.

_______

Since Monday the 21st of August, I have been in Cheongju, South Korea. I have met lots of people from Australia, Britan, Canada, Ireland, Korean (!!) and the United States. Everyone has been really friendly and the time had been very enjoyable. Even the cultural musical component! Must say I'm not a fan of Korean Orchestral music but it's fair to say that I'm not a fan of the Australian Orchestra either. Just not my cup of tea.

Last weekend we explored Seoul in our own group - which meant no CURFEW!! We travelled with Katarina, Hugh, Jae & Gabe. We visited Seoul Tower - which showed us how amazingly LARGE Seoul is!, we went shopping in a couple of areas including Itawon. It was fun checking Seoul out! We stayed in a Love Motel and had to laugh at all the UV lighting. Otherwise is was comfortable & cheap! When we checked in, we were given a toothbrush pack that included a couple of amusing toiletries!!!

I'll update more shortly :)
love
Susie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are you we need your email address!!!!! We miss you.
Lots of love
Georgie and Dawnie

Nanny Chris said...

Great news Susie on getting your posting to Taeaebek oops spelling. Does that mean that you will be set up for skype by the weekend? Anyhow went looking for stickers for you and found lots of bits...... Did buy some Aussie flag stickers but there is lots of other things, let me know what you would like and I shall get that organised and posted to you as soon as you have postal address. Is your town going to have snow? Talk sooon - love mum

Anonymous said...

thats soo cool