Monday, October 16, 2006

So just what work am I doing??

To give you an idea of what I'm teaching in class, here is a short story I wrote. Then I blanked out key words, so that the students had to ask each other for the missing information (hopefully in english!!). The students are still really interested in Mike & I, so I thought I could use this to capture their attention. If you'd like to see the worksheet (its a pdf), leave a comment at the end of this post.

Susie and Mike's Holiday

Susie and Mike went on
holiday to Thailand last
month. They flew from
Sydney to Bangkok.
When they arrived
it was 2:00am!

Firstly, Susie and Mike,
stayed in Bangkok. They went to the temple, Wat Pho,
and had a massage. "Ow! It was very hard." said Susie.
"Just the way I like it!" said Mike.

Next they travelled north to Chaing Mai by plane. Susie and
Mike were very busy in Chiang Mai! They went on an Elephant
Trek, did a cooking course and went shopping at the Night
Market. Susie had a bad case of food poisoning and had to
stay in bed all day.

After Chiang Mai, Susie and Mike,
flew to Bangkok and caught a taxi
to Kanchanaburi. The next day they
joined a group to go to the Tiger
Temple. Mike was the last person
to pat the Tigers that day. So he
was the first person to walk with the
Monk, to take the Tigers to bed.

On the flight home to Sydney, they were both very tired.
"It was a fantastic trip!" said Susie. "Yes, it was." said Mike
and then he fell asleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very good

Squeezy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Squeezy said...

Fantastic - I'm thrilled you enjoyed my simple story.