Friday, December 01, 2006

I ordered pizza in Korean over the phone!

Wooo Hoooo for me!! This is not to say I can speak Korean but I can manage basic conversations now - Yeah!

When I called up, I introduced myself and said I'm from Australia. We had been to Let's Pizza before, so I hoped the pizza man might recognize me by telling him I'm from the land of Oz. There are only 2 Aussies in Taebaek and that's Mike & I.

Sooooo, I ask for 1 pijja, pe-pe-ro-ni pijja (I don't think this really needs translation). Then he asks me something and I'm like uh..., then he says sije (relief!) larg-e!

Ok, so now I start talking him through our address bit by bit and that goes well. Good thing I translated the numbers before I picked up the phone.

We're almost finished and he starts saying cola. huh? So I say ney which means yes. Agreeing is definetly the path of least resistance...

So 25 minutes later we have fresh peperoni pizza!

:)
Squeezy

No comments: