Sunday, July 29, 2007

sucky weekend

It's been a sucky weekend. It started badly with me developing rashes, blister & worse. It was depressing to be all patchy and red. And itchy!! Turns out most of it was "Sun rash" which I took to be heat rash. It only got up to the low thirties this week. It's an uncomfortable way to find out that I really have acclimatized to Taebaek.

Next there was a fight with Mike. All over a stupid email address.

Then we went to watch Spider-man 3 at our outdoor cinema festival. The festival was great, the chairs were comfy enough, I got to make sunscreen and we had some nice food. We'd been warned to arrive early and we managed to get a few seats together in the fourth row. The view was great! The weather was perfect, cool but not cold, for an outdoor movie. Sadly Spider-man 3 was a terrible movie... not worth the $2 festival entrance fee. Too many bad guys, awful dialogue and some super gross dancing (why oh why???). Why was MJ made to be whiny and needy? Her part made me wonder what happened to the girl in Spidey 2? The sandman could have had this movie to himself (as bad guy)! The cg work was gorgeous and that's the best praise I have for this movie. Thoroughly disappointing.

At least the remaining movies that will be shown can not be worse than Spidey 3 - they really can't!

6am is not a nice time to be woken by strange noises. Neither is before 6am. Tell that to my wardrobe! For some unknown reason, the main wardrobe hanging pole fell down this morning at ten to six. It's strange because that was where all our winter coats and dry cleaning was hanging and it hadn't been touched for four days (or so). So why did it fall down? Staples. Instead of using metal fittings for the hanging pole in the wardrobe plastic fittings had been stapled in. No surprise that it fell down. I just wonder why it had to be when I was trying to sleep??

So Sunday morning, later Sunday morning, - time to finish the worksheets that Mike & I agreed to do together. However, as usual, this means I'm doing all the work and he's ignoring it all until he says I'm snapping at him. I get it all done and sent in by 12. Mike did assist on the worksheets, it's just frustrating when he's playing xbox and I'm desperately trying to make a good worksheet for students that I haven't taught for a semester! ARG!!

We decide to get out of the house and head to Samcheok. At least we might be able to go swimming and buy a new fitting for the wardrobe. The skies are clear so off we drive and in less than 20 minutes it's pouring with rain! The rain is the heaving kind that has us watching the river level - trying to see if it will get higher, it doesn't that we can tell. But the beach is out. Oh so out. The rain does lighten up so that we are only mildly wet in our search for lunch. At least lunch was nice, omu rice (fried rice wrapped in an omelet) for me and kim chi jiggye (kim chi soup) for Mike. So we search through home plus and can't find anything that will help the wardrobe situation out - short of buying a new one. I do manage to find a super cute Barbie hot metallic pink & silver bag, Mike poo-hoos it and so I don't buy it. There's not much else to do so we head to Donghae and there in Emart we strike gold! New fittings for the wardrobe. At least that got sorted.

Right, well I think that's what you call a vent. I'm vented so I'm going to get this week over with (it doesn't help that I'm over it before it's even started). And continue the countdown until I get home and see everyone. It's strange that the closer I get to the trip home, the more homesick I am.

I'm going to be more positive tomorrow. As in Monday the 30th of July. I really truely am.

8 comments:

Al said...

Yeah it's things that go bump in the night that happen to me too. Usually the cats bringing mice in to "play with" - I'm a light sleeper too so always hear what they're doing... thankfully I can nod back off to sleep at the click of fingers *and* resume my dreams where I left off!

Howzat!

Spidey 3 is already forgotten by me - I would struggle to tell you anything that happened in it. Disappointing, which goes for lots of movies this year.

I hope the sun rash clears up soon - and really.. arguing over an email address?

Squeezy said...

Well the sun rash is better again but I'm going back to the doctor to be on the safe side - no point suffering more than you need to right?

email address argument, hmm 1. we are both geeks, 2. I think that we would have had a fight over anything because we're both excited/nervous about coming home and changing apartments. There's so much going on that a fight was just going to happen.

I am hoping to obliterate the memory of Spidey 3 with the viewing of Oceans 13 tonight. I did myself a great disservice in trying to like Spidey 3 - more than anything it was a let down for me. My fingers & toes are crossed in the hope that Oceans 13 is a fun movie as that's all I want from it.

Kodo said...

Ahhh a fun weekend it seems. Now you can listen to the Shiters rip shreds from Spidey 3 as well. I haven't seen it but then I have never seen the other 2 films either.

Haven't seen an Oceans movie yet either, did watch most of Oldboy on World Movies on Sat night though. Now that's a good but weird movie with a intriguing twist at the end.

Oh well I am sure your week will get better.

Ariane said...

Hey! Long time no chat. I had a week to match your weekend. Hope it all gets better soon!

Strangely, the early hours of the morning are when all good things collapse. The mirror on the back of our wardrobe door fell down about 5:30am...

Squeezy said...

Anthony: fun weekend? yeah right. This week is already much better! I had heard the shiter's review and so I'd been warned but that didn't seem to help! Haven't you already watched Old Boy? Gotta love that octopus scene!

Ariane: Yeah, definetly feeling better. Now if only this summer would cool down a bit!
It's so weird how things really do seem to go bump in the night!
It's really nice to hear from you. I hope this week is an improvement on last week :)

Kodo said...

yea I have seen Oldboy. I bought the exclusive tin case thingy edition of it with lots of goodies inside.

I watched it cause there wasn't a whole lot else on and it's a great movie.

You heard the shiters review of Spidey 3 and still went and saw it, no sympathy for you now :P

slim said...

you should move back to Sydney now!

Squeezy said...

Anthony: Just because I listen to a review podcast doesn't mean I'm not going to make up my own mind! :P

Bryan: It was just a bad weekend - I'll come back to Sydney, to stay, when I'm ready. See you soon sweetie!