Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I did it!!

I have finally skied an intermediate run without freaking out!! Yeah for me.
Yesterday Mike and I skied A2 or Athena 2 about four times and it was lots of fun.
I'm hoping next time we'll give Hera 1 or Hera 2 a crack.
I'm still not sure about skiing the advanced stuff - it looks awfully steep! But we'll see how I go.
Yesterday I fell over four times - twice right on the end slushy bit of Zeus the second fall was maybe 5 meters on from the first, but I got up and skied to the end and that's what matters.

I've been invited to go cross-country skiing on Thursday and downhill on the same day - so I'm not sure what will happen there. Could be an exhausting day... good for the thighs though!

Below is the map of my convenient ski resort, High 1.
So far I've skied all of Zeus and most of Athena.
Mike's skied H1, V2, all of Zeus and most of Athena.

No comments: