Friday, July 07, 2006

sigh..

I'm feeling a bit sad and a bit tired today.

Yesterday, I had a lovely lunch out at North Sydney's Prasit Restaurant. Which does lovely thai food. There were prawns in coconut and scallops on the shell. Then we had a devine deep fried whole barramundi in tamarind sauce YUM! It was very very relaxing. The lunch was a mini goodbye from one of my boss' who will be away when i finish work next week. It was really sweet that they took the time to talk with me and treat me to such a lovely lunch out.

Seeing as that all went so well, I ended up over at a good friends place for dinner. I'm a god parent to their twin daughters - and it was great to spend some time fussing over the little toddlers. They are just so cute now! Both kids walk around and talk a little - mainly following their older sister - she's 5 and they're almost 2. It was also great to spend some time having grown up conversations - that was until Mirryn discovered I can be easily tickled. I don't think its a good thing that i can be seriously chased by a 5 year old who has found my weakness!

So now I'm back at work today - only 5 more days to go!!! Given that I can't count Saturday - as it will hopefully be terribly dull and non-eventful.

I'm tired because last night felt late and well with World Cup winding up now - its a lethargic kind of day. I think I'll go sigh..

No comments: